Pages

7.16.2012

CLOSE UP & FROM A DISTANCE - 30 Day Challenge

My close up shot was taken with my 50mm lens, I love this lens! It's great for taking portraits and is capable of some macro (close up shots), but when I want to get in really close to a subject I add my close up filters to my nifty fifty lens. These filters are a great, inexpensive way to convert your lens to a macro, you just screw them onto your lens, it's sort of like adding a magnifying glass to the end of your camera.

© 2012 Jennifer Robertson
My from a distance shot was taken with my telephoto lens, this is a great lens for anyone who has kids in sports or if you have aspirations of becoming a paparazzi, because you can shoot from such a far distance without your subject being aware that you are photographing them.

The shot below is of my oldest son out on the lake on our paddle board. Paddle boarding is huge here, the kids love it! The board itself is like an oversized surf board, you balance yourself on the board and then paddle yourself around the lake. I've managed to get myself up on the paddle board this year, it is not easy, it takes a tremendous amount of concentration and core strength is key. My son makes this look so easy, I do not look like him when I get up on this thing!

© 2012 Jennifer Robertson

© 2012 Jennifer Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment