Pages

7.21.2012

LONG EXPOSURE - 30 Day Challenge

I love the concept of long exposure shots, they are very interesting when done correctly, I especially like long exposure shots of water, either a waterfall or a slow moving creek. I tried to capture the waves hitting the shore today, but it was too bright outside so it caused my image to be way overexposed. Long exposure is when you set your shutter speed to stay open for a long amount of time, so the brighter it is outside the more light that your camera lets in so that is why my water shots were overexposed so I opted for a little camera magic with my long exposure! In the image below my shutter speed is set to 30 seconds (meaning my shutter stayed open for 30 long seconds), I stood behind my camera for about 15 seconds and then left the scene for the remaining 15 seconds, this causes a ghost like effect in the image, you can see me, but just barely. Pretty neat, right?!


© 2012 Jennifer Robertson

2 comments: