Pages

7.24.2012

SOMEONE YOU LOVE - 30 Day Challenge

I've posted images of my children, who of course I love wholeheartedly; but I've not yet introduced you to my wonderful husband. He is my partner in every sense of the word, he loves me, encourages me and supports me in all of my decisions. In fact, this whole photography journey that I have started has a lot to do with a gift he gave me two Mother's Days ago.

I think the definition of a good partner is someone who listens to your hopes and dreams and quietly supports them, this is true in the case of my photography. I mentioned once in passing to my husband how I think I could really immerse myself in photography, I've always loved the art of photography and I think it may just be "my thing"; my husband being the good partner that he is took this as a sign. You see I had dedicated the last 4 years of my life to our children, I had quit a fantastic job working for a great company so that I could be at home full time with our children, it was important to both myself and my husband that I was there on a full time basis for our children. I'm not going to lie, this was a tough transition for me, but over the years I have learned to love being a full time mom, and my husband has always appreciated the decision that I made, but he recognized that something was missing (even when I didn't realize I was missing something).

So without my knowledge my husband bought me a DSLR camera, and so my photography journey began. He has encouraged me in my classes, helped me study, in fact he may actually know just as much about F-stops, shutter speeds and ISO than most experienced photographers.

This to me is what a true partner is, my husband has no real interest in photography, but he will silently listen to me ramble on and on about what lens I desire next, about a shot that I couldn't quite master, he'll drive me down abandoned dirt roads in Saskatchewan and he'll bite his tongue when instead of taking the time to enjoy a peaceful moment I run for my camera. Below are two images of SOMEONE I LOVE....with my whole heart!


© 2012 Jennifer Robertson


© 2012 Jennifer Robertson

1 comment:

  1. All the pictures on your website are stunning especially these pics. Your husband is one good looking guy.

    ReplyDelete